Recommended Tattoo Aftercare
The tattoo is your responsibilty once you leave the studio
*USE COMMON SENSE*
call me at 845-338-8282 if you have any questions or concerns
1. Leave the bandage on for 4 to 12 hours.
* Keeping the bandage on overnight will prevent the tattoo from sticking to your sheets.
* Do NOT rebandage
2. After removing the bandage, wash the tattoo thoroughly with warm to cool soapy water. Without scrubbing, gently remove any surface blood and ointment. Dry the area by gently blotting with a clean towel.
3. Allow the tattoo to air dry for 1 to 2 hours.
* The tattoo may seep a little clear plasma, gently blot it off with a clean, damp paper towel to prevent scabs from forming.
* When the skin starts to feel “dried out,” rub a very small amount of ointment (such as A&D or Aquaphor) into the tattoo. remove any excess ointment.
4. With clean hands, moisturize the tattoo with ointment 3-4 times a day for no more than three days. Then, switch over to a gentle, fragrance-free moisturizer (ie. Curel, Eucerin, or Aveeno).
5. Shortly after starting the moisturizer, the tattoo will start to peel and flake, a bit like a sunburn.
* There may be ink in the peeling layer of skin, this is normal.
* The tattoo may be a bit itchy, DO NOT pick or scratch!
6. Continue keeping the tattoo clean and lightly moisturized until it has finished peeling. * Avoid sun exposure for two weeks.
* Always use sunblock after healed to keep your tattoo bright for years to come!
*Minimize Your Risk of Infection*
Always wash your hands before and after touching your tattoo
Use a gentle antibacterial soap, such as Dial Anti-Bacterial
No swimming, saunas, tubs & avoid public gyms for at least one week
Again, call us at 845-338-8282 with any questions or concerns about how your tattoo is healing. Contact a health professional as soon as possible if you see signs of infection.